Authenticity Radio Interview with Slade Suiter
I was honored to be interviewed by Slade Suiter of AuthenticityRadio.com recently about my book, Peaceful Parenting: 10 Essential Principles. Here is the recorded interview for those of you who want to listen:
- “MommyZen®” is a state of being we can all attain that is peaceful, whole, perfect, complete, lacking nothing.
- Being a good parent is not about techniques, or what you know, or what you do .. the key to being a peaceful parent is being authentic and real with your children.
- No matter how many books a parent may read, if you are not coming from an authentic place when relating to your children, then you can’t teach your children how to be authentic either. Being authentic and real means being vulnerable and curious, and that can feel frightening to parents.
- Peaceful Parents understand that when a child is crying or angry, he or she is trying to communicate something important that they cannot express adequately in words, and it is the parent’s job to listen and understand.
- Parents who practice the 10 Essential Principles don’t get offended easily and don’t worry about what others think of them or get sucked into a spiral of dysfunction when they feel they are in a crisis.
Marianne Clyde, Author of Peaceful Parenting: 10 Essential Principles, is a licensed marriage and family therapist who has worked in California, Massachusetts, Virginia and Japan and has traveled in more than 40 countries. Her global travels have given her great insight into humankind throughout the world. She is a mother and stepmother of 8 children and grandmother of 10 children.
Tags: peaceful parenting